Aurèle Sack is a Swiss graphic designer based in Lausanne, Switzerland, focusing on type and editorial design. He works in the fields of art, culture and commerce.
Aurèle Sack graduated from ECAL/University of Art and Design in Lausanne in 2004. He has been teaching type and editorial design at ECAL since 2010.
He has won the Swiss Design Awards three times; in 2006, 2010 and 2014, which twice resulted in residencies in New York (2006, 2014).
- Swiss Design Awards, 2006, 2010, 2014
- File Magazine Issue 4, 2010
- Graphic #16, Type Archive Issue, 2010
- Type We Can Make, A Selection of Contemporary Swiss Type Design, 2010
- Creative Review, The Type Annual, 2011
- Print Magazine, The Collaboration Issue, 2011
- Young Swiss Design Kaleidoscope, 2013
- 100 Jahre Schweizer Grafik, Museum für Gestaltung Zürich, 2014
- Swiss Design Awards 2006, 2010, 2014
- Nominated in the Lucky Strike Junior Designer Award 2004
- Swiss Design Awards, Basel, 2014
- Young Swiss Design Kaleidoscope, Beijing & Shanghai, 2013
- Type We Can Make, Cooper Union, New York, 2012
- Brno Design Biennal, 2012
- Type We Can Make, Compton Gallery, MIT Museum, Cambridge, 2011
- Swiss Design Awards, Zürich, 2010
- Swiss Design Awards, Zürich, 2006
Bex & Arts, Bolero Magazin, Centre d’Art Contemporain Genève, Das Magazin, Ecal/University of Art and Design Lausanne, Enquête Photographique Fribourgeoise, Galerie Elac, Globus, ICA Philadelphia, Mudac/Musée de design et d’arts appliqués contemporains, Neue Kunst Halle St. Gallen, Swatch, Vogue Hommes International, Yale University Art Gallery
Flag, Jonathan Hares, Robert Huber, Lineto, Norm, Other Means, Project Projects, Jonas Voegeli
Nora, Telma & Lauris